Convenient Location Inside The Galleria of Pittsburgh Mills Mall in Tarentum PA
Our store is conveniently located inside the Galleria of Pittsburgh Mills Mall in Tarentum, PA between Macy’s and JCPenney’s. We are located directly across from Petland, and two stores up from the Hallmark store. Our Pittsburgh Mills store is proud to be the Trib Total Media 2018 Readers’ Choice Gold Winner for Best Cash Gold in the AK Valley. We were also the 2017, 2016, 2015 & 2014 Readers’ Choice Silver Winner for Best Cash For Gold in the AK Valley, as well as the Trib Total Media 2013 Readers’ Choice Bronze Winner for Best Cash For Gold in the AK Valley. We also carry an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau in the category of Jewelry Buyers. We are the only one in the AK Valley to carry this rating, and only 1 of 5 in the Pittsburgh area.
- FREE testing and appraisals of your items. There is never an obligation to sell. We simply tell you what your items are valued at to us, and the decision to sell or hold on to them is up to you.
- All of our scales have been certified by Weights and Measures of Allegheny County. We are also a licensed precious metal buyer and we proudly display our license for everyone to see.
- We proudly post the current gold, and silver prices daily for you to see. This sheet also includes our current buy prices as well. We have nothing to hide with our prices, plus it is PA law to post the prices.
- While waiting to have you items tested, come in and relax in our lounge area and enjoy watching our beautiful TV we provide.
- We provide two gold buying areas so that we may expedite the process and have you back on your way shopping.
- Where else can you go and buy designer sterling silver jewelry for as low as $20. We carry a wide variety from Tiffany, Judith Ripka and Marcasite items.
- Beautiful, antique and estate jewelry for sale. Plus our Pittsburgh Mills store is our premier store for high end quality engagement, and anniversary diamond rings. All items are priced at wholesale, a quarter of retail prices.
- A large selection of collector, and investment bullion and coins for sale. We can also order new bullion or coins for customers.
The Process of Buying Gold From Customers:
Our gold buying process is simple. You stop in with any items that you would like checked out and given a price on. There are a few simple steps that we do to insure your items are real.
- A magnet is taken to each item. Items with a solid gold or silver base will not attract to the magnet. If the item is attracted it is either gold, or silver plated. Items that DO NOT attract are then put to the second test.
- Gold items that do not stick are then taken to our electronic gold tester. This machine accurately tests the items and gives exact karat readout of the items (10k, 12k,14k, 18k, 22k, 24k). After the machine gives us a karat reading, we then verify by looking on the inside of the items for a matching karat mark. Some items may be marked with “417”, “585”, or even “750”. These are karat markings which tell the percentage of pure gold that is in the items. “417” is 10k, “585” is 14k, and “750” is18k.
- If the item is silver we then look for the markings “925” or “Sterling” written on the inside of each item. Silver items MUST have these markings on the inside in order for us to purchase them. Many silver items may be stamped “925” or “Sterling”, but will attract to the magnet. Many people ask why this is and the answer is these items are Silver Plated. This is a very common thing among silver jewelry.
- After each item is test it is then weighed and priced. Gold items are weighed in pennyweights (dwt) and silver is weighed in troy ounces (ozt). We measure in pennyweights due to the fact that the math is easier when dealing with the weight, and the price. There are 20.4 dwt to a troy ounce. Each price is different when dealing with gold. The higher the karat of the gold, the more you are paid per pennyweight. This is also true when dealing in silver.
- After we weigh and price your items it is then up to you whether you would like to sell. We offer free testing with no obligation to sell at Community Gold. If you’re not happy with the price, tell us. We may be able to raise the price based on the amount of weight in items you have, and if we feel any of your items may be resold instead of being melted down. We want all of our customers to walk away happy, and feel confident in knowing that they just received the best price for their items.
- If the customer decides to sell we then require a photo ID (Driver’s License or State ID card) in order to write up the transaction. All of our customers are required to provide this as well as being 18 years of age in order to proceed. Each transaction is then written up on a detailed receipt which will include a list with the weight of each item, as well as the price we paid for the items. This receipt is a State Law and therefore is REQUIRED when you deal with a Precious Metal Buyer. The customer is given a copy, we keep a copy, and the local police department is given a copy. The local police receive a copy so that if any names dealing with stolen property come up they are able to inform the owner of the items where they are. As of right now you are NOT required to claim precious metal sales on your Income Taxes. This is a question that we do receive since we are asking for a photo ID, but as stated before you are NOT required to claim the sale.
- Once the paperwork is completed we then pay you for your items, in CASH. We do offer our customers checks if they feel more comfortable with that form of payment.